Friday, May 24, 2002

Major F.U.B.A.R. & Changes



Ok first to the F.U.B.A.R. For some reason a bug got into the home page on ivillage and I had to dump the page. Now when I try to save new pages I keep getting an error msg that basically says I don't have anything written on the page. I am hoping that this is just a little bug that will be cleared up by tomorrow so I can put the homepage back up. I tell you it has not been my day. I messed with the homepage for quite a while and wasn't able to fix a bug. I know my coding was correct I went over the page several times and could find nothing wrong. Oh well. When the page is back up I will post something about it in here.

Changes

Well last night I finally opened an html editor that I had installed quite some time ago. I actually liked what I saw. It looks like it will take alot of time out of coding by hand.

A friend of mine brought up a very good suggestion and I am thinking of implementing (sp?) it. This plan requires slashcode so I might be moving the site yet agian in the next few months. Woo Hoo. If I do it will be to a perminant address. Wow if they could only see me now little miss webmistress. Ok get your mind out of the gutter not that kind of mistress.

I am starting to learn CSS. Let me tell you kiddies this isn't as easy as it sounds. Right now everythign looks Greek to me. I find it frustrating that I can't look at the tutorials and go ok that's how you do it and start writing the code. You see this is how I learn most things. It just comes easy to me. Except math but that's a whole different story. When I finally impliment it into my site I will definately write something about it here in my weblog because I know that I will be proud of myself. Then I plan on tackling PHP. That won't be for quite a while though. I want to be completely familiar with CSS first.

No comments: