Wednesday, April 17, 2002

Update



Something Scary
Somethign Funny


Well what started out as one of the worst days of my life actually ended up pretty nicely. My 2 bestfriends kept calling me all day making sure that I was doing ok. I went and rented 3 movies: Pay it Forward, Rush Hour2, and Don't Say a Word. I soooooooooooooo needed an excape from my day. My 2 dogs wouldn't leave my side all day. They knew something was wrong and they made sure that I knew I was loved.


I'm going to discuss the movies I have seen. I am also going to have major spoilers for Pay it Forward. Just so you are warned.


I absolutely loved Don't say a word. It's one of the best suspense movies I have ever seen. If you get the chance to see it grab it.

Now onto Pay it Forward. I really wanted to see a happy movie so I decided on Pay it Forward. I had heard it was a good movie and had a very good message. The first 3/4 of this movie were actually very good. It explained how the kid came up with the concept of Pay it Forward. It showed how one person can make such a difference in their life it was inspiring. My gripe is with the last 1/4.


I am about half way through Rush Hour 2. I fell asleep half way through it last night. From what I have seen it's really good. It harkens back to the old days of Jackie Chan. The texture is even reminicent of his older movies. So far I love it. After I am finished I'll let you know if I still liked it.


Major Spoiler about Pay it Forward. I'm going to put lines of ~ so if you don't want to read it you won't have to.
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
Ok so after this little boy starts this wonderful idea he comes to realize that he needs to help one of his friends because he is being bullied on a daily basis. So one day he goes and gets in the middle of it and gets stabbed. Then we are shown the mother and the teacher in the emergency room. The Dr. comes out talks to them and then the mother collapses. Yep that's right they killed the little boy. WTF?? I wanted my happy ending. I have had a shitty day and I wanted my faith in this world restored. Well in a way this movie helped but I was so disheartened by what happened. Why would they kill off such a good souled charachter as Trever. I know it's the whole addige that when you are finished doing what you need to do on earth then your time is up and you go back home to heaven but this is a movie. It's supposed to have a happy ending.

No comments: