Wednesday, May 08, 2002

I HATE MURPHY'S LAW



Ok so I had planned on doing some blogging yesterday but when I woke up I discovered the phone was completely dead. My reaction was WTF is going on. I paid my bill. So I called the phone company and they said well we didn't disconnect your phone and we have no idea what's wrong. We can dispatch someone to come out and check the problem. If it's an outside problem you won't be charged any money but if we don't find any problems we are going to charge you $90 for coming out there. All because I don't have the wire and maintainence plan.

I explained that there was no way that I could afford $90 at this moment in time and the guy said he would run some tests to see what was going on.

Well needless to say this didn't make me happy. I think it's complete highway robery. Either you pay through the nose on a month to month basis or you get screwed out of $90 is something goes wrong. I feel this should be included in our regular monthly payment but the phone company would rather screw me on a daily basis.

It's like when I call in my payments. They always make it a point to get me to add features to my phone. Sorry I don't want all the extras. I can remember a time when it was a massive luxury just to have your number unlisted. The normal person didn't have 5 million different extra things they could charged for.

I miss and long for the days when a customer was valued and not looked at as JUST a cash cow. I can remember a time when I went into stores and was given a smile and asked very nicely if I could be helped. If I didn't want any help they would leave and I could browse in peace.

These days you are lucky if you can find someone to help you. If you do manage to find someone they will either stick to you like glue trying their hardest to sell you everything under Gods green earth or they are so rude acting as if they are better than you and that you are just this massive waste of their time.

Well anyway I had just had it when the phone died. I have literly stopped asking what else can happen cuz I know something will. So I called "T" and asked her if she could pick me up and if we could talk. She said I'll be right over after dinner.

What started out as a really crappy day ended up being a really nice day. When I walked in my god daughter got the biggest grin on her face and she started to reach over for me to pick her up. We watched The13th ghost. (Very disgusting movie), T and I had a really good talk. Both of us are going through a massively hard time and I think we really needed eachother. We ended up laughing so hard I think her neighbors hated up last night. lol

So Today I am woken up to a knock at the door. Thinking it was mom I didn't bother getting out of bed. I reached over and checked the phone and it was still dead. Then a few min later the phone rang. I was like WOO HOO! The phone is actually working. I answered it and it was the phone repair guy. He said that the line was working fine now. Someone had pulled the wires from my connection. I'm thinking one of the kids arround here was messing with it but that's a blog for another day.

Now I'm thinking I told them not to come out here but they did anyway. I was VERY clear with them on the phone. Granted I am really happy that they did and they were able to fix the phone but if they hadn't found the problem on the outside would they have charged me the $90?

Oh well it's working now and that's what counts.

No comments: