Wednesday, November 20, 2002

Our First Meeting



I decided that I would get a little exercise. So I set out on foot at about 5pm for the mile trek to the lodge.

The lodge was a very large log cabin. It was surrounded by large pine trees. Wrapped arround the lodge was an old wooden porch, dotted with rocking chairs and small tables.

I climbed the stairs, opened the front door and peered inside. There was a large 2 sided stone fire place. Surrounding the fireplace were large comfy couches. There were lots of people hanging arround the fireplace.

I walked further into the lodge and found the dining room. Beautiful pictures of what I suspected were the surrounding woods lined the walls of the dining room. The chairs and tables were made out of a cherry wood. Vases of daisies were placed enatly in the middle of each table.

I went over to a table and started to look at the menu. Everything looked so good. Eventually I decided on the potroast with mashed potatos, peas, and an apple cobbler for desert.

After dinner I decided it was time to make the trek back to my cabin. As I walked outside I noticed that snow had started to fall. I lifted up my head and closed my eyes letting the snow wash over me. It was as if this snow was cleansing me of all the stress I had endoured this past year. I opened my eyes and started to walk towards my cabin.

After a bit I finally made it back to the cabin. I decided to stay outside and dance in the snow. I started to twirl arround like a child without abandon. Before I knew it I was humming some song I remembered from childhood.

All of a sudden I heard a branch break. I opened my eyes and spun arround to find a man standing not to far off.

He stood about 6 feet even. He had brown wavy hair that was short in the back with long bangs. His face had chizeled features.

I stood frozen not knowing what to expect from this stranger. He started to walk towards me.

"Excuse me miss. I was walking towards my cabin and noticed you dancing. I hope you don't mind that I decided to stop and watch you."

"Oh that's ok." I said red faced.

"Hi my name is Ethan. I rented a cabin not too far from here."

About this time I noticed his eyes. They were a brilliant blue. Immediately I became immediately mesmerized by them.

"Umm, Uh my name is Lilly." I said as I snapped out of it.

"Well it was nice to meet you Lilly. I have to get going now but I would really like to have dinner with you sometime."

"That sounds really nice."

"Would you have a pen and paper so I can give you my phone number?" He asked me.

"Yes just let me run inside for a moment."

I calmly walked inside the cabin. Once in there I ran arround like a maniac looking for a pen and a piece of paper. Once I had found them I regained my composure and walked back outside.

I handed him the paper and pen. He wrote down his number and handed the piece of paper and pen back to me.

"Call me anytime." He said as he walked away.

I thought to myself "Hmmmm maybe this isn't going to be as borring a winter as I had set up for myself."

No comments: