Monday, March 24, 2008

Just a quick thought



This is a response to a thread on a board I go to. The thread topic is about how insane parents can be. As you know from reading my blog my parents haven't always been the best of parents. More often than not they have been the complete opposite.

Anyway I thought I would share it with anyone who reads my blog. So here goes.

Everyday we all deal with the scars that life has delt us. Some of just have more scars than others. TBH the only reason I'm opening up a bit about my past is to show others out there that though it may seem extremely dark there really is a light at the end of the tunnel. The thing is you have to find that light for yourself. No one else is ever going take you by the hand and say "here's that light you've been looking for." Somehow you have to find it in yourself. That's not to say people can't help you along the way.

I found my light through singing and writing. If it weren't for those two things I would have died a long time ago. Well before there ever was a WWDN.

It's kind of like that movie City Slickers. Where the old guy talks about the meaning to life. He then puts up his index finger and says it's 1 thing that makes you go on despite all that is trying to hold you back.

No comments: