Friday, April 26, 2002

My Heart

So last night I was sleeping when the phone woke me up. At first I didn't answer it because I was sleeping lol. Then I couldn't get back to sleep so I turned on the boob tube for a bit and the phone rang again. this time I picked it up. It was my friend with the baby. (My god daughter) She said that she wanted me to come over and babysit for her. She had to go to work with her husband and they don't trust many people with her. So I said ok give me about 45 min to wake up and put some clothes on.

Well when I got there I went over to the baby. She was soooooooooooo happy to see me. I didn't think babies at 7months could recognise people but she sure recognised me lol. I am so smitten with that little girl lol.

Well we had such a wonderful night. We played some games and watched movies. That little girl is such a crack up. Everyday she is coming up with new ways to crack up her mother, father and I.

She has this fake cry. She will cry for approx. 10 sec and then stop and listen. Then she will do this until someone comes to check on her. This cracks me up so bad.

She also has this new trick where she helps you when you change her diaper. She lifts her butt up in the air with her feet. It's quite a site to behold. She also LOVES being changed. Her mother and i joke that she is going to become a nudist when she grows up.

I found out that the toy I gave her mother for the baby shower is her favorite. This made me SO happy. It's this plastic chew toy with Winnie the Poo on it and it plays the theme song for Winnie the Poo. She will take it and whack it just to hear the song. She also loves to throw it and then have you pick it up for her. She gets this big ol' shit eating grin on her face lol.

I am so glad that she was brought into my life. She has become such a big part of my heart.

Miss did you forget you hearing aid today?



Ok so on Wednesday night I went to the grocery store to get some groceries. I went to the meat coolers and found a sign that said half picnic 99 cents. So not knowing what half picnic is I went and took the meat on both sides of the sign and went up to the regester to ask which one was the half picnic.

It took them half an hour to find out that neither one was the half picnic and that they were out. Well the butchers had left for the night by then so they couldn't get it for me. By the way this is a manager that I am talking to at this point.

So I ask her do you have any other meat on sale for 99 cents. She tells me that the butchers have left for the night and that I she couldn't get me the half picnic. So I tell her. No I am asking if you have any OTHER meat for 99 cents. She repeats the previous statement. Well we go round and round for about 10 min like this. Finally I get so frustrated that I left the store and went to Taco Bell and got dinner there.

What I would like to know is. Is everyone who works for grocery stores completely deaf and just doesn't bother to wear their hearing aids or do they just don't give a crap about their job and love making their customer's lives miserable. I have a feeling that they just like to make our lives miserable but that's just me.

No comments: